When it comes to selling a house, presentation counts for a lot. We never recommend spending a great deal of money on preparing a house for going onto the market, but putting in a little bit of effort and sometimes, freshening up the décor, can make a big difference.
It is important to get the basics right:-
- De-clutter as much as you can. The more floor space that is available, the more attractive the house will look
- Make sure that your house is clean and tidy when viewers are expected
- Keep pets out of the way
- If you have a garden, make sure it is tidy and well-presented too. First impressions are important
- Sometimes it is worth freshening up a room or two with a coat of paint, but this has to be done thoughtfully, as a freshly painted room can make the rest of the house look tired
- Make sure that your house is up to scratch before the photographer comes round as the photographs on the brochure and website count for a lot
When it comes to viewing, an accompanied viewing service can be provided if you would prefer this as an alternative to showing the house yourself. Before viewing:-
- Switch on lights so that they are warmed up,
- Open the windows to get a bit of fresh air through the house.